Sunday 8 April 2018

Negotin rest day 42

Tired after some long days, with some big blisters I decided to take a rest day.
I woke at 1:30 am worrying about a tick I had found on my stomach when showering, not having my glasses on I thought initially dirt or a scab and removed ineptly. So in the early hours I was Googling Lyme disease. It appears I need to look for a bullseye rash in the next few weeks, although based on Wikipedia it seems unlikely I will catch it due to month, time on body etc.. I am glad that I have previously been vaccinated for Tick borne encephalitis. Then again you can get very worried about all the nasty diseases you could, but probably will not, catch.
After breakfast, a look around town, coffee, cheesecake ice cream and some shopping, and despite it being a rest day I walked 4 kilometres to the Bukovo Monastery. The wall paintings here had darkened with age, and were in a more naturalistic style than those I have seen in other monasteries. As this was the Orthodox Easter Sunday, many people were visiting, making their devotions and leaving gifts of money. At breakfast my host presented me with a painted egg, an Easter tradition, I saw other beautifully decorated eggs elsewhere and the monastery church also had a selection.
Just relaxed the rest of the day.


Negotin


Bukovo Monastery

No comments:

Post a Comment