Tuesday 17 April 2018

Rest day in Sokobanya Day 51

After three long days, each of over 30 kilometres with lots of climbing, I was tired and my hips were aching. Time for a rest and the Tourist town of Sokobanya seemed an ideal choice, especially as the B&B Nataly is very nice, so good I rather over-ate at breakfast. The town has pedestrianised streets, lots of pavement cafés and areas of park with trees and borders planted with pansies, the purple and white displays looking very fetching. There were lines of young school children being led around by teachers, from the old Turkish hammam to the church to a Tito era hotel, a school camp maybe? As the Tourist Information office was closed until May the receptionist at the B&B helped book a hotel for the day after tomorrow.
B&B Nataly also had a small swimming pool and spa, so my exercise for the morning was to find some swimming trunks ("kupaci kostim" in Serbian, the helpful receptionist wrote it down for me to show shopkeepers). I found them in a sports shop. Following my success it was a swim and a massage in the afternoon.
Now thinking of where to eat dinner.

Pedestrianised area in Sokobanja



No comments:

Post a Comment